Enedis Use Case
Alteia Customers Use Cases
Enedis leverages Alteia’s computer vision and other artificial intelligence applications to automate its network inspection and maintenance operations.
Enedis, the largest European power grid operator, uses the Alteia Visual Data Management Platform for the digital transformation of its inspection and maintenance operations.
As part of Enedis’ 2020-2025 industrial and human strategic project, the company’s investments and predictive maintenance programs contribute to the energy transition, resulting in an even more resilient and innovative public electricity distribution network.
Enedis will roll out the Alteia’s platform nationwide in France in 2021. The platform was used initially for a perimeter of 6,500 kilometers (4,000 miles) of power lines, representing nearly half a million images collected by drones, helicopters and smartphones. These images are analyzed by artificial intelligence algorithms designed for Enedis’ predictive inspection and maintenance operations, making Alteia’s AI program a world-first for the industry
Benefits of the solution
- Plan and monitor your assets inspections
- Standardize, control and optimize the data collection effort by long and short term scheduling, adaptation to the local field requirements : use of helicopter, UAV or a dedicated cell phone application
- Continuously decrease your operational costs: Iterative improvement of the AI based asset default detection and reporting process after each cycle reducing OPEX spendings
- Assess your risk in real time for better planification: Risk measurement and optimization of work orders directly pushed into management systems;
- Get an accurate view on your asset health and related maintenance costs: list of defective assets, including the type of defect and the location and automatic upload in GE asset management software;