Internship – Platform Developer
Alteia provides tremendous career opportunities to professionals willing to work hard on meaningful challenges alongside a talented team.
By joining Alteia, you’ll participate in the transformation of key industry sectors that are increasingly relying on imagery and artificial intelligence to drive their businesses. You’ll have a unique chance to shape and implement your ideas as part of a leading, fast-growing, cutting-edge company! In addition, you will be surrounded by professionals who have an exceptional background and amazing stories.
We encourage out-of-the-box ideas and incentivize our teams to develop their creativity. As a result, Alteia can give you a unique opportunity to gain valuable and challenging experience in a fast-growing business with passionate, easy-going, enthusiastic people.
It is in technical excellence and perpetual innovation that we recognize ourselves.
The Alteia Platform is the cloud-based solution that enables enterprises to rapidly and flexibly access and prepare gigabytes of visual data (images, point clouds, videos, etc.) with prebuilt annotation/labeling tools. It allows our customers to build and manage A.I models without writing code using an intuitive user interface. Then deploy applications within weeks with customizable validation processes and continuous improvement workflows. From there, they can drive company-wide results by seamlessly publishing predictive insights to enterprise systems or custom business applications.
Within our Toulouse offices, you will join the Platform team in charge of the development and industrialization of the components of the application platform.
Different themes can be considered depending on your profile:
- Platform resilience tools (Chaos Monkey): Promoted by Netflix, the concept of Chaos Monkey aims to cause blackouts in an environment to test the resilience of a system. In a Kubernetes and AWS environment, we offer you the opportunity to develop and automate resilience tests through different solutions. The first part of the internship will consist of identifying the relevance of existing tests and tools (chaos Toolkit, Kube-monkey, etc.) The second part will focus on the industrialization of the solution as well the realization of test campaigns.
- Automation of the deployment of “Platform” components: The so-called “platform” components allow the deployment, monitoring, and management of application components. They can contain applications, global configurations, or even passwords. In a managed AWS and Kubernetes environment, platform components are now deployed via the Helm tool. The first part of the internship will consist of the study of dependencies between these components. The second part will focus on setting up automatic deployment of these components via tools such as Helm, Argo, or other proposals submitted by the candidate.
- Creation of a development environment on Kubernetes: Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, upgrading scale, and managing containerized applications. The internship will consist of offering a Kubernetes environment on the developers’ workstations. As a solution based on docker-compose is already in place, the first part of the internship will involve studying the migration gap towards a “light” Kubernetes tool (k3s, k0s, micro k8s …). The last part of the internship will consist of its deployment and evangelization to the teams.
You are: Committed. Rigorous. Autonomous. Persistent for the purpose of succeeding.
Qualifications and skills:
- Education level: preparing a diploma in programming (M2 level or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Golang.
- Knowledge of Unix / Linux and Git environments.
- Good knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of cloud environments like AWS.
- Willingness to learn and improve.
- Fluency in English.
Apply to this job