Internship – Security Developer
Alteia provides tremendous career opportunities to professionals willing to work hard on meaningful challenges alongside a talented team.
By joining Alteia, you’ll participate in the transformation of key industry sectors that are increasingly relying on imagery and artificial intelligence to drive their businesses. You’ll have a unique chance to shape and implement your ideas as part of a leading, fast-growing, cutting-edge company! In addition, you will be surrounded by professionals who have an exceptional background and amazing stories.
We encourage out-of-the-box ideas and incentivize our teams to develop their creativity. As a result, Alteia can give you a unique opportunity to gain valuable and challenging experience in a fast-growing business with passionate, easy-going, enthusiastic people.
It is in technical excellence and perpetual innovation that we recognize ourselves.
The Alteia Platform is the cloud-based solution that enables enterprises to rapidly and flexibly access and prepare gigabytes of visual data (images, point clouds, videos, etc.) with prebuilt annotation/labeling tools. It allows our customers to build and manage AI models without writing code using an intuitive user interface. Then deploy applications within weeks with customizable validation processes and continuous improvement workflows. From there, they can drive company-wide results by seamlessly publishing predictive insights to enterprise systems or custom business applications.
Within our Toulouse offices, you will join the Platform and Security team in charge of the development and industrialization of the security means implemented on the platform application. Different themes can be considered depending on your profile:
- Automation of security alerts related to Cloud and Kubernetes environments: The detection of security alerts is essential in a context where the number of attacks is constantly growing. In addition to the many sources available from which we can collect this information, we need to rely on automation mechanisms. In a Kubernetes and AWS environment, it will be a question of continuing the work already carried out in terms of detection by providing new sources of information and thus detecting new activities. This will involve working on items sent by AWS, as well as Snyk.
- Securing application access points: Dreaded attack events can be localized at the application layer. Thus, protective elements must be in place. The objective of the internship will first be to analyze the different existing opportunities to set up a Web Application Firewall or Endpoint Protection solution in an AWS and Kubernetes environment (open source solutions will be preferred.) In complement, you will conduct a feasibility study around filtering mechanisms via our service mesh Istio and WASM. Secondly, the deployment and industrialization of the solution will be requested – the feedback of alerts to our alert system should not be neglected.
- Monthly reporting of security-related activities: The feedback of information and trends on security-related activities is essential to ensure better management. Different tools collect many sources of information, and to date, this information is too technical. To provide better visibility, you will set up a dashboard. Initially, the internship will consist of determining the essential elements; in the second part, you will implement the dashboard.
- Implementation of a security policy engine within Kubernetes: You can put security detection mechanisms in place, but how can you be sure that the deployments respect a security policy before they are executed on a cluster Kubernetes? In our environment, it will be a question of studying the implementation of new safety rules thanks to our Open Policy Agent tool. The first part will focus on defining the rules and their relevance in terms of risk and the evaluation of their impact on automation already in place. The second part will concern the scaling of the solution, including its deployment and feedback to our alert tools to alert and monitor these rules.
- Implementation of a docker image protection solution within Kubernetes: It is essential to put in place safety rules to guard against the start of containers not validated on clusters. How do you verify and strengthen the use of docker images approved in a Kubernetes cluster? This study will aim to implement a solution to strengthen the control of our docker images within the platform. You could study components like Open Policy Agent and Notary to do this. The first step will be identifying available and existing components to restrict the use of signed images. The second part will allow the deployment of the solution, the writing of processes related to this change, monitoring, and reporting information to an event collection point of security.
You are: Committed. Rigorous. Autonomous. Persistent for the purpose of succeeding.
Qualifications and skills:
- Education: preparing a diploma in programming (M2 level or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Golang, Python.
- System and network knowledge, Kubernetes, AWS.
- Good knowledge of Cybersecurity.
- Willingness to learn and improve.
- Fluency in English.
Apply to this job