- 178,000 employees
- 50 million tons on waste processed each year
- $ 13 billion in annual revenue
Veolia understands this and, as such, is a world reference in the management of solid or liquid non-hazardous and hazardous waste. Involved in the entire life cycle of waste, from collection to final treatment, they make its recovery a priority. Operating in the circular economy, Veolia develops innovative solutions to increase the rate of waste recycling and conversion into matter or energy.
For landfill managers, a regular, thorough inspection of their sites is crucial. The early identification of potential concerns keeps site crews safe and contains environmental hazards, like leaching chemicals and gases, before becoming costly and dangerous. To conduct these inspections, managers spend a good portion of their time walking their sites on foot.
After partnering with Alteia, Veolia has further developed its digital process around landfill management to introduce greater safety, efficiency, and traceability into their already advanced and highly critical workflow. For example, vision AI saves landfill managers time and money by giving them a comprehensive overview of their site in a fraction of the time it would otherwise take.
Up to 90%
savings on data collection costs
increase in productivity
Leverage Alteia's visual intelligence toolkit for use-cases specific to your activities.
- Reduce ground inspection time drastically with the use of vision AI
- Detect environmental and safety hazards early on
- Improve cell and airspace management
- Ensure top-of-waste (TOW) design conformance
- Reduce cycle times and vehicle wear by monitoring road grades
- Optimize traffic plans with up-to-date site maps
- Get a visual timeline of site changes to demonstrate regulatory conformance
- Calculate compaction rate and increase performance